Participate in a discussion about what you think ETHS Parents Engaged should do. For example:
- How can we help parents keep up with what is going on in and around the school?
- How can we bring parents together to suggest improvements to the high school experience for all students?
- Should we provide programs and information about trends in education and/or adolescent development?
Weds. October 2 at 7:00 pm in S214
- Help your student make successful academic and extracurricular choices
- Learn about school safety and discipline
- Find out who to talk to if your student has a problem
- Begin post-secondary planning (it’s never too soon!)
- Hear from new principal Marcus Campbell
- Meet administrators individually
- Learn from the experiences of other parents
This town hall-like meeting will begin with brief presentations followed by a question and answer session. The evening will conclude with an informal period during which parents and guardians can speak to the panelists individually. All parents and guardians of ETHS students are invited to this free event. No sign-up is required.
Date: September 19, 2013
Time: 7:30 PM
1600 Dodge Ave.
Evanston IL 60201
This event is sponsored by ETHS Parents Engaged.
For the third consecutive school year, Evanston Township High School (ETHS) District 202 will host a series of Community Conversations, a series of discussions that allow stakeholders to engage in a meaningful dialogue about the high school. Prospective or new ETHS families, District 202 community members, business owners, and people who work in Evanston/Skokie organizations or businesses are invited to join District 202 Superintendent Eric Witherspoon for the 2013 Community Conversations.
Staff members from ETHS will be available to answer questions, help refine understanding of key issues, and build awareness of the school’s current efforts. Since each student’s high school experience is unique, ETHS also encourages participation by families who have enrolled children at ETHS in the past and may be sending their younger children to ETHS.
ETHS Community Conversations are free and open to the public.
The fall series of Community Conversations will be held at three community centers:
- Wednesday, September 18, 2013 | 7:00-8:30pm – Levy Senior Center, 300 Dodge Avenue, Evanston, IL 60202
- Wednesday, October 30, 2013 | 7:00-8:30pm – Ecology Center, 2024 McCormick Blvd., Evanston, IL 60201
- Wednesday, November 20, 2013 | 7:00-8:30pm – Fleetwood-Jourdain Center, 1655 Foster Street, Evanston, IL 60201
For more information, visit the Community Conversations page on the ETHS website (www.eths.k12.il.us/community/conversations/), or contact the ETHS Communications Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-424-7515.
Si necesitan ayuda en español por favor llamen a la Oficina del Enlace Latino al 847-424-7166.