This year our parent group made a major transition, changing from a dues-paying organization affiliated with the National PTA, to a free, all-inclusive organization with a focus on helping all parents be engaged in their student’s education: ETHS Parents Engaged.
A small, committed group of parents has kept this group running because we believe that parents helping other parents, and being the voice of the ETHS parent-body is important.
If this group is going to continue, more parents need to participate in planning events, maintaining services (the listserve and website), and acting as liaisons with the school administration.
Please join us on Weds. April 2 at 7:00 pm in ETHS Room S-214 for our next planning meeting. Some items under discussion will be:
- Management of listserve
- Management of website
- Planning/management of 3 school-wide programs/meetings per year
- Outreach to new families
- Outreach to other schools
- Person to post communications on listserve (and Facebook ETHSParents)
- Person(s) to be main contact with administration
Tentative programs planned for 2014-2015:
- Fall (late Sept) – Navigating ETHS Resources for Families
- Winter (Dec) – Course Selection discussion
- Spring (May) – Parent-to-Parent (this year scheduled for May 7, 2014)
FYI – We also would like any “veteran” parents (if you’re a parent of a current ETHS student, you count!) to join us on May 7th for our annual “Parent-to-Parent” meeting to help answer questions from incoming freshman parents.